The Top Four Best Jobs for Remote Workers
The digital world has evolved and allowed remote working to become more popular and more achievable over the last five years. In fact, there are over four million remote workers in the US alone, making up 32% of the workforce. With the spread of the COVID 19 pandemic however, the numbers are expected to grow considerably, with employees and employers alike realizing that remote working is possible and productive.
Digital platforms and tools have been created and evolved over the last few years to help make remote working possible. Instant team chats, time tracking tools, work tracking boards, video conferencing and virtual meeting rooms have sprung up and are continuously improving to make the experience easier and the work more productive.
So, are you considering, especially during the period of lockdown, moving into a more remote position? Well, if so, we thought we would take a look at the top types of jobs that you can consider that can be fully remote.
Content creators, copywriters, blog writers, SEO writers. These all fall under the same category and basically means that you will be writing content for sites globally. You can write the content for the landing as well as product pages on sites, as well as blogs, to increase traffic to the site. In writing, you are also responsible for increasing the SEO rankings of the site with the savvy use of keywords.
What Do You Need
- The first thing you will need is a firm grasp of the language that you are writing in. If you cannot string two sentences together on paper, this probably isn’t for you. You will also need to have great grammar skills;
- You will need to have a knowledge of SEO and how the rankings work. Do not worry too much about the more in depth, technical parts of SEO. But knowing how to research and include keywords organically is what sets a great content writer aside from the rest;
- Good research skills. Blogs especially need to be informative and educational to bring the readers back to the site repeatedly. Generic blogs are very much a thing of the past.
As with content development, web development is in high demand. New companies are springing up all the time and existing companies are rapidly evolving their sites, building apps and creating online stores. It is an industry that has simply not stopped growing, and has no slow-down in sight. The other benefit is that web developers can expect to earn a significant amount of money for their skills.
What Do You Need
- You will need some experience to start off with, so if you can get yourself a position within a company for a while, and build your portfolio, that is advisable;
- Know whether you are a front-end, back-end or full-stack developer and stick to that. The more you build your particular skill-set up, the more demand you will get.
- Have credible experience with more than one of the following languages:
- Ruby on Rails
Graphic designers are also highly sought after in this digital day and age. They are the people that create the visual messaging for sites, campaigns, social media and even offline marketing. Highly creative and experienced designers are paid exceptionally well, especially if they can convey the brand of the company visually.
What Do You Need
- You will need some form of foundational degree or diploma in art and have an artist and creative eye;
- It is of utmost importance for you to have a working knowledge of desktop design software, such as Illustrator, InDesign or QuarkXPress, and image-editing packages such as Photoshop;
- Once again, a portfolio and experience is necessary here. If you can get yourself an internship to start with, and work with brands for free (perhaps local musicians and artists), you can build up your experience.
As an offshoot of the full marketing department, a strategic digital marketing consultant can be hired to plan and manage the trajectory of all digital marketing. They are responsible for all content planning and roll-out as well as the social media management, and traffic management. In order to be a remote digital marketer, however, you will need to have an in-depth knowledge and experience before jumping into the deep end, offering your skill-set to companies.
What Do You Need
- A good all- round knowledge and experience in digital marketing. You will have needed to work with a company and have an educational background in marketing;
- You need to know how to manage social media platforms and how to plan and execute campaigns effectively;
- Having a good knowledge of management and monitoring tools like Google Analytics, mailer platforms, Adwords, SEO tracking tools and data management.
If remote work in any of these avenues is on your radar, Wanted is a great platform for you to passively look for remote work in your particular field. Wanted specializes in these particular categories and helps pair you with companies who are willing to pay you your desired salary.